At Slade we want to equip pupils with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to make informed decisions about their personal health, relationships, and well-being, and to develop a positive self-image and respect for others.
PSHE/RHE (Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education/Relationships and Health Education) is an important aspect of education that aims to prepare pupils for life beyond the classroom. Our PSHE/RHE curriculum aims to develop our pupils knowledge, skills, and attitudes so that they make informed decisions about their personal health, relationships, and well-being, and develop a positive self-image and respect for others.
Through PSHE/RHE, our pupils will learn about a range of topics, including:
- Relationships, including friendships, family relationships, healthy relationships and feelings.
- Health and well-being, including physical and mental health, healthy eating, and exercise.
- Personal safety, including staying safe online, dealing with peer pressure, avoiding risks and contextual safeguarding issues.
- Citizenship, including the importance of rules, exploring our similarities and differences and democracy.
- Economic wellbeing, including budgeting, saving, and understanding credit.
By teaching pupils about these topics, our PSHE/RHE aims to support them to develop the knowledge and skills they need to navigate the challenges of life and make informed decisions that will benefit their health, relationships, and overall well-being. We aim to foster a positive and inclusive school environment where pupils feel safe, respected, and supported.