- EdenRed Free School Meal Information/guidance
- Parent Guidance for Free School Meal Vouchers
- Coronavirus – Advice from the DFE
- Update 18.03.2020
Parents will be aware of the statement made by the Secretary of State for Education, Gavin Williamson, in Parliament on 18th March. Schools will be closing their doors on Friday 20th March due to the national pandemic. Our children are always our priority. We have been planning over recent days in the event that such a decision was made. We will communicate further details on Thursday. These are difficult times and we thank you for your continued support and understanding.
- Update 16.03.2020
Following on from the announcement made by the Prime Minister on Thursday 12th March, schools within the ATLP will be authorising all absences in the event of parents deciding to self-isolate their children.
We have received advice from the Department for Education (DfE) regarding the Coronavirus. The overall risk to the UK remains moderate and you should not be unduly worried about the possibility of your children catching the Coronavirus. There are however actions we can take to prevent the spread of any virus as follows:
- Promoting basic hygiene practices at home and in school.
- Regularly washing hands with soap.
- Always sneeze into a tissue and ?bin it?.
Latest information and advice can also be found at:
Useful Resources at home:
- I See Maths – Celebrating Maths Project
- Maths No Problem demonstration videos
- Read works offers access to 3000+ comprehension for all age groups. Just sign up for a free account to access fantastic texts.
- Read works
- Beanstalk website is packed with lots of interactive materials for children aged 1-6. They are offering free access to all families during the Covid19 pandemic.
- Twinkl literally have 10s of thousands of quality resources for all areas of the curriculum. What’s better is they are offering a month’s free access (with no subscription) for all families. Just search for a topic, e-book, spellings, arithmetic, science – the possibilities are endless.
- An online platform with tutorials and videos for home learning.
- Education Quizzes- A series of short quizzes for children to complete related to the National Curriculum subjects. Just select KS1 for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 or KS2 for Years 3-6.
- Education Quizzes
- Top Marks- A range of activities here but especially good interactive activities for maths.
- Top Marks
- Classroom Secrets Kids is offering free access to everyone until the end of April 2020. The platform is aimed at primary aged children and covers subjects such as maths, reading, grammar and spelling. The platform is really child friendly so that they’re able to access it on their own. There are a load of games and interactive activities from phonics to SAT’s.
- Classroom Secrets
- National Geographic is a great platform for learning and totally free. There are online games, resources and competitions too.
- National Geographic
- World Book Online have just made their fabulous collection of over 3000 e-books and audiobooks available for free for children to access at home. They have books suitable for all ages click on the following link to access them.
- World Book Online